We support our children, parents, staff and the community. It's what is important to us.
Finlay Community School is a Foundation school, which is located within the White City and Tredworth area. The school is supported by the Learning Community Partnership led by the University of Gloucestershire and supported by the Red Wedge (a number of churches in the local Diocese).
We aim for everyone to:
• Feel safe, valued and listened to within a caring community which develops confidence and self-worth to make the right decisions.
• Develop lively and enquiring minds, by encouraging each child to persevere, take responsibility for learning and set themselves new targets.
• Live in a community which respects the beliefs and opinions of others, celebrating differences and showing concern and consideration for others.
• Be involved in their child’s learning, providing support for the whole family, instilling an enthusiasm to learn new things.
• Be guided and encouraged by clear expectations, making sure staff are always reflectively moving forward towards a shared vision on order to achieve excellence.
Finlay is continually growing, and will be a fully two-form entry school in 2024. We are a mixed Foundation school of non-denominational religion, which caters for children aged 4 to 11 years. There are currently 330 children on roll. The school reflects the local community in that we have children from a wide range of social and cultural backgrounds.
Our facilities include an ICT suite, a Library, an on-site pre-school, a Learning Mentor group room, individual classroom space and additional group space. Outside, we have a learning garden, outside stages, fields and playgrounds including a variety of play equipment. Attached to our site is also a Children’s Centre with whom we work in close partnership with (especially on transition into Reception).
Should you require any additional information about our setting, then please contact .